Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Clean Start

New Year resolutions... if any,
(1) I would like my house to be in more or less order. Always a challenge with a crafty and self-employed mama and an also very crafty, energetic and lovely four-year-old, who likes to draw, paint and play with glue ALL THE TIME (mama, why do we have to clean at all, we can play all day?). BIG thanks to the down-to-earth man in the house, who keeps things real and is the best and efficient cleaner ever. Nice & clean New Year!

Last year brought a lot of new and exciting things into our house.

a sewing machine



lots and lots of wonderful books about knitting, crochet, sewing and embroidery

knitting tools galore





a serger, which was my christmas gift to myself

and a lot of wool and fabric in the chest of drawers underneath



These gadgets are fantastic and I am so happy to have and use them, but I want to get rid of all the clutter in the house, nobody will miss when it is gone. Less is more (craft books not included..), how true is that.

I have this picture of the Hindu goddess Lakshmi in my house. I bought it in Rishikesh / Northern India during my Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training in 2008. Lakshmi is known as the goddess of prosperity. But not the sheer abundance of only money, but the divine power within that gives you contentment no matter how the circumstances are. And from that inner feeling happiness, satisfaction and success can radiate into the world and come into your life. Very beautiful.



Money must flow and to remind me of that and a lot of other benefits,
resolution (2): drink a lot of water

Magic number (3): finish my longest sitting UFO - the babette meditation blanket

PS: My Kundalini Yoga Guru Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa from L.A. wears what looks like a hand knitted sweater in her New Year's Message - that surely is a good sign.

No comments: