Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Hanging on the Wall

New Year's resolution number one is a (relatively) clean home with less clutter. As it is written in the book Simplify your life (it is a German book with an English title, I have never read it but a friend told me about it), the best place to start with is your desk. Or above your desk, in my case.
Last year I made those wall pockets, inspired by the wall pockets in here and in here.



This weekend we finally got around to drill the holes in the wall for the hooks to hold the bamboo stick. I am very much pleased with the result!

I bought the linen on a special market this fall - Stoffmarkt Holland. It it is a Dutch open air fabric market touring through Germany offering loads of fabrics and lots of bargains.

What I especially like - the Japanese look of it, with the Japanese girls and flowers on the ribbon.





So after all this cleaning and organising, let's sit back and relax with a well-deserved cup of delicious japanese genmaicha tea and some japanese yarn for knitting and - just enjoy Sunday afternoon.



Today is the last day of my holiday - tomorrow I am back on the yoga mat teaching.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

How very imaginative, and what a good idea! I'm enjoying your pages, keep blogging! Cindy

catcouch said...

Thank you, Cindy! Great to have somebody from the UK reading my blog.