Friday, January 7, 2011

More Inspiration: Children's Art

The main reason for me to start embroidering (and knitting and sewing and so much more) was an idea I found in the highly recommendable book The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections by Amanda Blake Soule (thank you forever), the best book I know about creativity, young children and family. One project in this great book is a pillow with an embroidered piece of children's art in front. On Amanda's beautiful and ever-so-inspirational blog soulemama you can also see a wallhanging and a quilt.

I took a couple of daughter's recent drawings - fairies, princesses and a house of hearts. Here is my progress:










I enjoy embroidering these little pieces so much, such a sweet thing to do.

2 comments:

Annkari said...

Sweet idea! What was your daughter's reaction to the embroidery?

catcouch said...

She wants to embroider herself, of course!