Sunday, February 13, 2011

Intentional Felting

New / recycled sweater slippers for Clara.


still a tad big...

This week's felting accident sent my mind reeling and I remembered the slippers I had seen in Betz White's book Sewing Green.
It was such a fun and quick Saturday morning sewing session.



As I realized that the material from Clara's ex-top wouldn't be enough,
I deliberately felted a thrifted purple cardigan from size L to XS.
The top became the soles.



To make the soles non-slippery I used a sock-stop-sole-liquid.



They turned out warm, soft and comfy. And it felt (pun intended) really good repurposing old materials into something that is "new" and useful.



I learned a lot, accidentally and intentionally, about the magic of felting.


(from the label of the felted cardigan)

More magic to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super!
Puschen sind es geworden- damit hätte ich nun nicht gerechnet...
Toll sehen sie aus!