Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Falling Leaves

Nothing sparks creativity like a couple of days off, some of the loveliest October days ever, a bunch of new knitting books and a big project off the needles. Inspired by the time spent outside, I wanted to capture some of the golden season and the oncoming desire to knit for warmth inside.



The pattern for the leaves come from Lesley Stansfield delightful books 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet and 75 Birds and Butterflies to Knit & Crochet. There is so much inspiration for more projects and other seasons to come in that book. The fabric in the frame is actually more grape violet then sky blue, but the camera decided to show it that way.

While Clara browsed the books with me and saw me knitting the leaves, she wanted to have some fall fun, too. As knitting is still too difficult for her, I suggested a colour study she could draw.



Fall /autumn (I like both words) can come!

No comments: