Saturday, June 16, 2012

Sew Crochet



The circle/flower theme has spread over to my crafting.



Those two little pin cushions had been in my mind for a couple of weeks now, just waiting for the right moment to pop out. Quick & easy while the baby was sleeping.



Clara had found that beautiful button while playing on the kindergarten playground last year and had given it too me - she always gives me the buttons she finds. And ever since she has asked me numerous times what I will do with the button and when. Clara approves of the result.

For the crochet African Flowers I had bigger plans - cast on right before Carolina was born (blogged here), I imagined a Mamy Bag similar to this one. But........ very unrealistic right now. A crochet pin cushion - yes, possible!



The pattern for the African Flower comes from Heidi Bears.

EDIT: I also had a question about how to make the pin cushion - I followed this tutorial here, and also used pinking shears to clip curves).

No comments: