Friday, January 10, 2014

Hubby cooks vegan

After his beginner's luck instant success (here), Hubby cooked another meal in the same week.

Scrambled (V)eggs

The recipe comes again from Peace Food (like I suspect will be a lot to come, he is a thourough man). The (v)eggs look quite similar to the curry before, must be the Indian spices. But the taste was different and again very, very good I must say. The main ingredient is tofu. I am cautious about tofu recently, since I have heard about soy products being rather poisonous as opposed to their health food image. I still eat tofu a couple of times year, but not as jolly as I used to.

For the scrambled (v)eggs I advised Hubby to get a soft, curdy type of tofu (I like the German taifun brand) for the best consistency. There are hard, rubbery tofus out there, that would rather spoil the whole meal. He also put tomatoes, bell pepper, onions and mushrooms in it and topped it with fresh cilantro - my favourite herb, even though for some others it tastes like soup. Cilantro is considered to be a major cleanser of the body in ridding heavy metals such as mercury, lead and aluminum - a great blood cleaner. 

Some poison, some cleanser, it's all about balance, I guess.

No comments: