Friday, February 7, 2014

Hubby cooks vegan

What's today's vegan surprise?

I thought a lupine was a flower (see here),
but apparantly you can make ice cream 
or even schnitzel from it:
 
 lupine cutlets with orange sauce
(German recipe here)

Also called the "soy of the north" lupine protein is very versatile. Hubby used this product for his cooking. It tasted fine and the orange sauce was quite elegant, but you know, I always find something to complain about, especially when somebody else cooks. I am just not a fan of meat substitutes... and the lupine protein seemed to feel strange in my throat and stomach afterwards - as is the case with soy, some people have allergic reactions to lupine. Very mild in my case, but those wonder plant proteins usually have a drawback. Eat beans, people!

No comments: