Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Poppy Pillow

Remember my poppy seed pod printing from last summer here? The stamped linen fabric has been lying around in my studio, until one recent night before falling asleep, my creative synapses connected - poppy print, doilies, cushion!


I sewed a cushion with a flap using this great tutorial.

But actually the first step was sewing the doilies to the fabric, which was fiddly enough with a zig-zag stitch and my somewhat rusty sewing skills - only to discover when I was nearly done that I had sewed the doily to both sides of the fabric.

Enter my-friend-the-seam-ripper:

(that was about a third of the threads)

But then the rest went well.
The fabric was just enough and the flap looks nice:


And this year's poppies are already in stand-by position:


No comments: